Sorry it’s been so long since I have made a post. The last 3 months have been hectic and WordPress wasn’t working for me 😫.
I have a bunch of new products that I have added to my collection so I am so anxious to review and share with you all! One of the newbies was from @KylieCosmetics Weather Collection in honor of her new baby Stormi. I ordered one of the new matte formulation in a lipstick form named “Cosmic” which is a grayish taupe which I LOVED! Below is a picture of me wearing it.
I love this color! It’s not over drying, goes on super smooth, and lasts for awhile. It’s the perfect Taupe. Perfect!!!
The second one that I picked up was one of her new Cremè lipsticks. Honestly, I hated this one. I picked the color “Truffle” and it was a dusty pink. First, the Cremè made my lips tingle which makes me think I could be allergic to some of the ingredients so I will not be buying another one from the Cremè collection. I have swatched the color below.
As you can see from the picture above, the Truffle color was creamy but didn’t agree with my lips 😩.
The third lipstick I picked up is a classic by @KylieCosmetics named True Brown K which I have pictured below.
I was so excited when she brought this classic back that I never got to pick up but now I do! This is the perfect grungy, 90s vibe, brown matte that I love. This will a staple in my collection for many years!
Let me know what you all think if you have picked some goodies up as well! Look out for my @Glossier cleansing product review this week!
I hope you enjoying the fall crisp air! (Finally) Its starting to finally feel like Fall and I am loving it!!! My apologies for the low amount of posting. Like I’ve shared before, I suffer from extremely severe eczema and it has been really rough on my skin for the last two months. Gratefully, I have been finding solutions and will be back to 100% soon. Now for my review!
1. The packaging is beyond gorgeous. The fact that all of the packaging is magnetic is genius because it prevents items from getting lost! There is a mirror included in #TrophyWife which is also vey helpful and it’s a good size as well.
2. Trophy Wife is worth all the hype. With all the pictures, hashtags, videos, and all around buzz this highlighter is BEYOND pigmented and is for the ultra glam!!! A little goes a long way but I feel like if you were to use too much, it’s alright too because the pigment is just to fabulous. I was out in a dark Resturant out with my husband and I woman stopped me in my tracks and asked me if I was wearing #TrophyWife and I responded with a Yasssss! The pics do not do it justice and it’s great on all skin tones!
3. Layer, Layer, and Layer some more! I also purchased the Match Stix in #Ridiiic and this is a great peachy coral blush or highlighter layer. I wore it as a blush and just blended it in and I LOVED the look! The prices were not bad either. #TrophyWife was $34 and #Ridiiic was $25 which was all pretty affordable.
I didn’t purchase the foundation due to my eczema but I will be getting it later and a review will follow suit. I also did not get any of the brushes as a simple fan highlighter brush will do and the Match Stix can be blended with your fingers or a regular blush brush. Let me know your thoughts!
Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great start of the work week! One goal that I had set a couple of weeks ago was that I wanted to make a vision board because I had been feeling very inspired lately and didn’t want to lose that great, excited, passion, warm, fuzzy feeling! Now that I have used a bunch of adjectives let me get started on an easy guide.
1. It’s never too late to start or make a vision board. Some people believe that you should only make them at the beginning of the year. Now it’s great to get your year started with one, but there is no set time. Think about if you want a career change, setting a weight loss goal, or just trying to envision yourself in a city or state you would like to live or work in. Waking up every morning to what you aspire to be or better yet what inspires you gets you in the right frame of mind to take on the day to get you closer to your goal!
2. Dream Big. Plan tactfully. When planning your board and going through magazines and newspapers, think about your larger goal. Do I want to be a photographer? What type? What equipment will I need? Ask yourself these questions and the tactfull part will fall into place. If you don’t know where to start, try googling whatever it is that you want to achieve and look for a success story. Don’t try to copy but look for a common characteristic that those particular people possessed that were successful in that field and put that on your board.
3. Get supportive friends and family involved. I just made a vision board and I included my stepdaughters in the process. I wanted to show them a fun activity while teaching a lesson about staying positive while letting them be creative. When you have a support system that encourages you to strive for the best it will enhance the whole creative process and open up your mind to different possibilities.
Below are a few photos and videos from my vision board process and a quick IG Story. I would love to know how you all make yours and show photos!
I’ve been getting questions regarding my skincare routine for the wintertime and it definitely differs from all of the seasons. Like I mention in my last post, I suffer with severe eczema in the early fall-winter and by spring and summer it discipates. However, in the winter my flare ups are the worst and most painful. During this time I take extra care in moisturizing the dry areas.
Continue to read below on the products that I use:
1. First and foremost, in the morning I usually wash my face with just lukewarm water but if I have a pimple I use, CVS Health, Daily Acne Wash. This product is a great dupe for Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Wash. My pimples usually clear up within a couple of days and it doesn’t over dry my skin.
2. Next, when my skin is still moist and a little wet, I take a dollop of the First Aid Beauty’s Ultra Repair Cream and apply all over my face. This is a great base that maintains moisture all through your day.
3. Then, I apply Algenist Beauty, Concentrated Reconstructing Serum all over my face and it’s not too thick at all. This serum was from a box set and my full review of the set will be coming soon but this is my fav from the set. It’s smooth and gives your skin the best natural glow.
4. Next, I apply Algenist Beauty, Complete Eye Renewal Balm. I use this day and night and I have seen such a reduction in under eye puffiness and dark circles. It’s the best!!
5. Last but not least, the most important! Murad, Perfecting Day Cream, Board Spectrum, SPF 30. Beauties! We all need to use sunscreen all year round to protect our precious faces from sun exposure and free radicals. This cream is thick and a little goes a long way. The ladies in my family are prone to moles so I use this everyday and have noticed a slow down on the amount I was developing.
Overall, I take my skincare very seriously and you all should since we only get blessed with one gorgeous face and you are never too young to start!
I hope you are all well. This post is dedicated to all of my eczema suffers out there. For those that suffer, know that the winter is the WORST for this painful skin condition and sometimes it feels like you can’t find relief from anything. I was feeling pretty hopeless last month when my eczema was in full swing and it was affecting my hands the most. I had blisters, redness, swollen fingers and most annoying it itched like crazy!
My dermatologist had me on steroid creams and really said that there was really nothing else he could do and I quite frankly was sick of prescriptions. Because I have such a fabulous mother, she’s a QVC/HSN addict and there was a cream being advertised specifically for eczema and severe dry skin. I was totally skeptical at first, but figured I would give it a try. Here are my thoughts after using First Aid Beauty: Ultra Repair Cream:
It’s extremely thick, but non greasy. I used it multiple times throughout the day and found my hands were baby bottom soft after putting the cream on. My hands looked greasy but they felt very smooth.
A little goes a long way. The cream is so thick that all you really need is a dollop for your face, which I applied on the dry spots where my eczema was, then I applied my regime of serum, moisturizer, and eye cream. I pretty much used it as a base. In the past when I put my other creams on, my face would get dry and patchy by mid day, however by using this cream it lasted and moisturized all day. Big plus for me 👍🏾
One con, is that after I applied on my hands, I rubbed my hands and it seemed like I had flakes of the cream coming off but it could be that I just have to exfoliate better.
It’s Allergy tested, no Parabens, harsh chemicals or Colorants. This is a huge benefit for me. My skin is EXTREMLY sensitive and I cannot use every product that says “sensitive skin approved” however this product is the real thing and worth it. My skin did burn after initially putting it on but that is normal for eczema suffers since your skin is inflammed.
Overall, I give this product at A- and it’s affordable as well. It was priced for 2 jars at 14. Oz for $43.00 dollars on QVC. Like I mentioned before, a little goes a long way and below I have my before and after pictures. Let know your thoughts!
I hope your 2017 is off to a great start! I’m enjoying some of the gifts I received for Christmas and one of them is LimeCrime’s Velvetines True Love set. Now, I have purchased many Velvetines separately but never in a set. I’ll review each color first.
1. Saint: This color is pictured to the far left and is by far my favorite. It’s a dusty wine color once it dries and it dries so pretty! Below is a pic of me wearing it. 👇🏾
2. True Love: This color is pictured in the middle and my second favorite. It’s a bright coral and perfect for all shades. It dries a little more muted than what I expected but it’s still a pretty summery color. Pic below wearing 👇🏾
3. Cupid: This is the last one pictured to the right and my least favorite. It dries so ugly and looked horrible on me. No picture here because it was blah 🙅🏾. I think this color would look really great on fair or olive colored skin but I just don’t like it on myself.
Below are the colors swatched so you can see how they all look. I bought these on Hautelook and I may not buy lipstick again since I was 2 for 3 but only in shades I know look good on me as I took a gamble on the last color.
It’s been awhile since I posted, but since the holidays are winding down I have more time to post.
Last month I received a pre-Christmas gift from my fabulous mother who is the QUEEN of HSN & QVC. She gave me IT Cosmetics CC Cream, Your Skin But Better: Color correcting and Full coverage cream.
Photos below 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾
Now for full disclosure, I am not really a big fan of CC and BB creams. I find them annoying because the ones I have tried never really got my color correct or made me have a lighter complexion 🤔. Nevertheless, I accepted my gift from my wonderful mom and below are my pros and cons:
Pro: This cream has SPF 50 UVA/UVA Broad Spectrum. This is a huge plus since I am black and I take my sunscreen count and spf levels very seriously. This is the highest I have seen without a prescription which is a plus and it offers a light feel that isn’t too heavy.
Con: I have combination skin which is a challenge to find the right moisturizer that fulfills both of my needs. This products advertises that you can replace your moisturizer but for my face I can’t. I need both. I found even if I applied my routine moisturizer that I usually wear then the CC cream my noise still looked flaky and dry 😟. Since there is color to this cream, it’s noticeable so I had to apply moisturizer again very lightly to my nose. So combo skin ladies this is an FYI.
Pro: Light, Light, and Light again! This cream is really light and not heavy at all! A little goes a long way in terms of applying to your skin and I use a beauty blender which makes it easier. My advice is to do one side of your face first, then the other and not to forget your neck.
Con: The price. Not don’t get me wrong, I have no problems paying for quality, however I think this products is slightly overpriced for the CC cream market. It’s competitors which could be drug store CC cream are half the price and are decent quality. I admit the high price could be that it is SPF 50 which is very high and top notch coverage and quality which I do see the value there. Also, you get more product than a drug store CC cream but my nose was still dry after I apply and applying more made it worse so that bummed me.
Overall, I would definitely recommend this CC cream for my ladies that are very sensitive to the sun and need lots of coverage but also be aware of your skin type as well.
Let me know your thoughts!
It’s been awhile since I posted! My family has been campaigning for my husband who is running for a public office position. Back to the beauty business!
Last month when I attended BeautyCon NYC, I stopped at the Amika booth, which the bright colors and print attracted me. The salesperson was very warm and friendly and asked me if I wanted to know about their products. I said sure and she showed me some of the popular products, one being “Perk Up” Dry Shampoo. Now I was very biased and thought that Dry Shampoo wasn’t brown girl friendly and she said that it DEFINITELY was and she demonstrated on herself and I loved the results! Her hair looked refreshed and shiny! She gave me a sample and told me to check it out and I promised I would the next time I straighten my hair.
Now keeping my promise, I straightened my hair about 3 weeks ago from the photo below and I am very active in terms of walking everyday for my job and taking kickboxing classes 3-4 times weekly. My hair gets frizzy in the back and needed to be refreshed so I figured let me try the sample.
These photos are after I used Perk Up and the other Dry Shampoo for the roots. The smell is amazing and make sure you don’t spray too much since it has white color to it and all the product is rubbed in. Then, use Perk up for mid-length and ends and it refreshes and cleans very well! I would definitely buy the full bottle since it worked so well on my hair and is increasing the life of my doobie.
Happy Tuesday! After last weeks’ BeautyCon I bought and received so many different lipsticks that consisted of glosses and mattes! I’ve been wearing a mixture of the two and below I’ll be reviewing each line and it’s color, consistency, staying power and if it’s worth the buy.
All reviews will be in numerical order according to the picture above👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾
ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip: I loved this gloss as it came inside my BeautyCon swag bag and was impressed with its glossiness and shine. The color is Sookie so I instantly thought of TruBlood. The only downside is that it doesn’t last thru meals which some of the other glosses did.
LimeCrime Velvetine in Teddy Bear: This is my new grayish/lilac toned color! First of all, when I mixed my mattes together I would get this color so it was great to finally find this color that wasn’t too grey. Velvetines are really popular now and for good reason because the pigmigminted colors are gorgeous. This color stayed on for awhile too, even after eating.
LimeCrime Velvetine in Wicked: OMG! This is my favorite brick red color. It goes on so smooth and is such a gorge color. It dries a little deeper and goes on really rich so you shouldn’t feel intimidated. The downside is that after awhile, small little crack may come on to your lip but it’s not a biggie
LimeCrime Velvetine in Saddle: If you are looking for a nice, rich brown color that a beautiful earth tone, Saddle is the color for you. It reminds me of Kylie Cosmetics first line of lipkits which had lots of browns. It goes on really smooth and dries lighter.
NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Black Cherry Tart: When I first swatched this color I thought it was just a little deeper that the ColourPop Sookie but it’s very rich and I LOVE the applicator brush that allows precision when applying the gloss.
NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Spice Cake: I gave this to someone because I knew they would really like the color so I didn’t wear this one but the color is a pinkish wine color which is think and very glossy!
NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel: I was pleasantly surprised my this color and got a lot of compliments when I wore it and it’s the one outside of my comfort zone. You have to apply two coats but it may come out too thick depending on your comfort level and lips. High pigmented color with sooo much gloss!
I hope you all find my reviews helpful and below is a picture of me wearing Black Cherry Tart!
This past weekend I had the pleasure to attend my first ever BeautyCon in NYC! It was a jam packed Saturday but it was well worth it!
First, I purchased the Total Package ticket which allowed early access into the event and 3 meet ups with content creators. There was an early morning brunch that came with the ticket and I arrived at 10AM. There was a tent set up with @Tanamongeau, @LimeCrimecosmetics, Cosmo mag, and Delta airlines. What was really cool was that LimeCrime was doing touch ups that included colored brows, metallic lips, Baby’s Breath, and Faux freckles to name a few. I went with the Baby’s breath and the makeup artist that applied them was such a sweetheart! Photos are below!
For Next Year: I will definitely pay the extra for the brunch and get there a little earlier but getting there after it had started had its benefits of not being as crowded.
Next, I ventured into the conference center and there were well over 50 beauty/skin/perfume/wellness brands there! It was very overwelming but I am grateful I was able to visit each larger booth before general admission started flowing through.
For Next Year: I recommend doing a walk through of the whole center before deciding on which booth to spend your time. I would do the larger brands first since those lines tend to be the longest and then go to the shorter ones since you have early access with the Total and Social packages.
Some of my favorite booths were Maybelline, NYX Cosmetics, Amika, QVC, LimeCrime, Ricky’s, Perfumania, and Carols Daughter. These were my favorite because they had great discounts on a lot of their popular items like LimeCrime’s Velvetines and Ricky’s was 25% off everything in the mini store that was set up. The popular theme for the guests were giveaways, photo booth fun, social media interactions, product samples, and BeautyCon box discounts.
There were a range of panel discussions however it was really difficult to hear the panelists and there was not much seating available. Some of the panelists included: Ashley Graham, Jordyn Woods, Justine Skye, Kelly Rowland, EJ Johnson, Dascha Polanco, and lots of Youtubers: Tana Mongeau, Bethany Mota, MakeupShayla, Angel Merino, Karen Gonzalez, and Nicole Guerriero to name a few.
There was a meet and greet with the fabulous highlight queen, MakeupShalya! I was able to take a selfie with her and pose with a picture. She was very sweet and nice! Below are our photos together:
Overall, I had a great time at the event along with the meet ups. The only area that can be improved is the organization of the Meet ups and a larger venue because the lines were very long for the booths and not much room to walk around. The panel discussion were nice but just difficult to hear. The swag bag was awesome and worth the money spent for the Total Package. Below are more photos of myself at some of the booths and my swag bag. My snap story is below as well!
I definitely recommend beauty enthusiasts, bloggers, and beauty/skincare brands to attend. There were well over 3,000 people in attendance over the course of the day. Until next year!