Happy Tuesday! After last weeks’ BeautyCon I bought and received so many different lipsticks that consisted of glosses and mattes! I’ve been wearing a mixture of the two and below I’ll be reviewing each line and it’s color, consistency, staying power and if it’s worth the buy.
All reviews will be in numerical order according to the picture above👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾👆🏾
- ColourPop Ultra Glossy Lip: I loved this gloss as it came inside my BeautyCon swag bag and was impressed with its glossiness and shine. The color is Sookie so I instantly thought of TruBlood. The only downside is that it doesn’t last thru meals which some of the other glosses did.
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Teddy Bear: This is my new grayish/lilac toned color! First of all, when I mixed my mattes together I would get this color so it was great to finally find this color that wasn’t too grey. Velvetines are really popular now and for good reason because the pigmigminted colors are gorgeous. This color stayed on for awhile too, even after eating.
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Wicked: OMG! This is my favorite brick red color. It goes on so smooth and is such a gorge color. It dries a little deeper and goes on really rich so you shouldn’t feel intimidated. The downside is that after awhile, small little crack may come on to your lip but it’s not a biggie
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Saddle: If you are looking for a nice, rich brown color that a beautiful earth tone, Saddle is the color for you. It reminds me of Kylie Cosmetics first line of lipkits which had lots of browns. It goes on really smooth and dries lighter.
- NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Black Cherry Tart: When I first swatched this color I thought it was just a little deeper that the ColourPop Sookie but it’s very rich and I LOVE the applicator brush that allows precision when applying the gloss.
- NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Spice Cake: I gave this to someone because I knew they would really like the color so I didn’t wear this one but the color is a pinkish wine color which is think and very glossy!
- NYX Cosmetics Intense Butter Gloss in Berry Strudel: I was pleasantly surprised my this color and got a lot of compliments when I wore it and it’s the one outside of my comfort zone. You have to apply two coats but it may come out too thick depending on your comfort level and lips. High pigmented color with sooo much gloss!
I hope you all find my reviews helpful and below is a picture of me wearing Black Cherry Tart!