After that long night out or strenuous kickboxing class, getting into a routine of cleansing and restoring our faces is crucial to our overall well being. We are all guilty of not washing our face before bed and leaving on our heavily beat face but we must get into a routine just like mom taught us at 3 but now adding a few more steps. The end result being a glowing face in the morning.
(Scroll down to view product photos)
1. I start with first using e.l.f Cosmetics, Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths $3.00 USD to take off my makeup from earlier that day. I do this before I shower so I’m not stuck with raccoon eyes after I get out of the shower and my face will be ready to be cleaned. The quality of these wipes are great for their price and do well on my sensitive skin.
2. Next, I apply Oil Free, Daily Acne Wash, by CVS health $4.29 USD. I have been using this for the past 3 months and it’s a great duplicate for Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Wash $6-7.29 USD. I usually stay with brands, however CVS had a great deal one day and I tried it and it didn’t over dry my combination skin at all and prevented breakouts and some that I had already.
3. Next, after cleansing, I apply Neutrogena’s Pore Refining Toner $6.99 USD. I use cotton balls to apply and do this twice a week. I wouldn’t recommend doing this daily as it may dry out your skin, however, if your skin is on the oily side, it may benefit by doing it more frequently. Also, if your on a budget good old fashion Witch Hazel is a great alternative and is about half the cost depending on where you purchase it.
4. Next, I apply a new product I just started using and I LOVE it. It’s a serum by European Wax Center, Renew Me, Restoring Serum, $20.50 USD. My waxer asked me to try it and like to do samples first but I had just ran out of my old serum and I gave this a try and it’s awesome! It smells wonderful and it’s very light, which a serum should be since it restores and adds back the things our face needs. Also, it leaves your skin with a great glow too. I apply all over my face with 2-3 pumps.
5. Last but surely not least, I apply my eye cream. I have been using Algenist, Complete Eye Renewal Balm, $65.00 USD. This choice is more on the pricey side but it’s worth every penny! I noticed last year that I was developing bags under my eyes and I decided to try this eye balm. The Sephora associate gave me the tip that I apply with my pinky and that I do not need much for the eye area so you can make this bottle last. Since using it for a year my eyes are less puffy and my dark circles diminished. Definitely a skincare staple for a woman in her early 30s.
Although it’s sometimes a pain to take the time to go through a nighttime routine, the benefits of glowing, restored, clean skin outweigh it all!